Thursday, June 24, 2010

Perfection. Far from it.

I'm a perfectionist.  I freely admit it.  Which is why, after committing myself fully to training for my last show, it hurt so badly to end up where I did.  With a physique that was much improved over last season.  Unfortunately, I put everything else after my training, including 1. my new marriage, and 2. getting settled into my new home.  Can I do it over?  Of course not.  Can I change what I'm doing going forward?  Absolutely.  A few things I learned last weekend...

-Wherever I end up in the placings, judges can't take away the kind of person I am.  I'm a lot of things, and defeated by opinions shouldn't get me down.

-I have the world's most supportive husband, who would do anything and everything to make me happy.  And I, sadly, have yet to return the favor.

-My relationship with my brother and sister in law is vastly improved from a few years ago, and going to Milwaukee and visiting after the show was the highlight of my weekend.

-Eric is dead on at sacrifice flies on the softball field. :)

-When buying a "joint gift," it's better to wait until closer to the one recipient's birthday...ha ha...you know who I'm talking to! :)

-Training needs to fit in with life, and not the other way around.

-I'm still the same person, regardless of where I end up.  And I have a lot to offer, things that some people will never have a chance to see, nor care about.

-My team and coach set a new precedent when it comes to support.

-I'll always be my own worst critic.

With that...

If I had permitted my failures, or what seemed to me at the time a lack of success, to discourage me I cannot see any way in which I would ever have made progress. Calvin Coolidge

Here's to making progress.  They can knock me down, but they can't take me out.

No comments:

Post a Comment