Saturday, June 12, 2010

Martha/Ryan

"Think what a better world it would be if we all, the whole world, had cookies and milk about three o'clock every afternoon and then lay down on our blankets for a nap.”--- Robert Fulghum

Martha/Ryan doesn't have quite the same as Julie/Julia....nevertheless, I'm going to borrow the idea from the author of the book in order to complete my pursuit of cooking every cookie recipe from the Martha Stewart Cookie Book.  With modifications, of course.  I won't be baking cookies every day, nor trying to make it through a cookbook with over 500 recipes in a year's time.  This goal seems a little more reasonable, and like Robert Fulghum said....it'd be a better world if we had cookies and milk, right?  So if you're in the Austin area, and it's the weekend, chances are if you swing by our place, there'll be a few different varieties of cookies available for the taking!

First up, which I've made before (and smell DELICIOUS!) are Chunky Peanut, Chocolate, and Cinnamon Cookies.  I'll post a finished product picture tomorrow...because I'll also be baking the Pistachio Lemon Drops and Peanut Crisps.  Super excited!  I'm also going to try baking a cranberry walnut bread with a yeast mix, which will take a bit longer for the entire process....and mixing in one last leg workout before Chicago!  Also...treating myself with a trip to two different libraries---the best, Bee Cave, and APL, which is currently holding the first two Agatha Christie novels....short and sweet!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds delicious! Feel free to send care packages to your coisin!

    I've been thinking about you and sending you good thoughts as you get ready for the big show. Knock 'em dead!

    ReplyDelete