Monday, May 3, 2010

Is this gonna be forever????

So...maybe I borrowed this line from what is, quite possibly, my favorite YouTube video of all time...David after the dentist.  Is it cruel?  Totally.  Would my parents have done it when I was his age?  Knowing my dad?  Probably.  But...it's funny.  And I'm reminded of that when I look at a picture my mom took of me after having FOUR teeth pulled.  Love ya, Mom. ;)

Looking around me in our new (to me, anyway) home, I'm surrounded by boxes and chaos.  Little by little, I'm trying to unpack and find myself getting overwhelmed.  I'm a little on the ADD side of cleaning.  I'll get bursts of energy and start cleaning and putting something away, and then find myself getting distracted by something else...only to come back to the cleaning later, discovering that I only got half finished what I started!

I had great intentions to blog on the road, but two late nights (after 10pm Friday night and 2am Saturday night) left me little time to log on and collect my thoughts.

I find myself wondering when it's going to feel real!  I was speaking with William earlier this morning about where to put some of my craft supplies, and he said, "This is OUR home."  You know what?  IT TOTALLY IS!!!!  I'm so excited, I can barely stand it.  Was it difficult to say good-bye to my mom and dad on Friday morning?  Absolutely.  But you know what?  We now have Facebook, Skype, email, snail mail, texting, cell phones...so many ways to communicate that it seems like we'll be in better contact than we were before.  The only difference is that I'm not going to be able to just tell my mom to drop by to pick me up on her way out to the valley so we can shop at Target, or set up a puppy play-date with my dad and Frank and Mookie.  Does that part make me sad?  Completely.  I think, though, that some of my relationships will be stronger as a result of me being here.

So....I guess I'd better get back to what I was doing in the guest bathroom putting things away....or was I in the kitchen? :)

1 comment:

  1. I can not wait to see pictures of the house once the woman's touch is in there. :) I'm happy that you are happy! I knew you would be. LOVE YOU

    ReplyDelete