Friday, August 6, 2010

Seems like....

A two cookie recipe kind of weekend!  I have just enough of the ingredients to make a batch of Martha's Ne Plus Ultra Cookies this afternoon while I wait for William to head to the gym, and then I'm thinking I may try something a little different, like the Cornmeal Thyme Cookies, or finally...the Pistachio Lemon Drops.  Sounds kind of yummy!

Oh, and I believe I said it before, but I'll say it again.....parchment paper revolutionized my cookie baking.  Seriously. :)

I'm also reading like crazy, trying to read the books I want before I start school....I'm currently reading Father of the Rain, which is decent, but I disagree with the 4.5 star rating on Amazon.  I just finished Still Missing (really really great!) and Sworn to Silence.  I've been on kind of a mystery kick these days....and Alexander McCall Smith has a new series starting.  I never could get into the No.1 Ladies series, but I've enjoyed some of his other books.

Hopefully, we'll get some time out in the sun this weekend!  With sunscreen and hats, of course...and...I'm not a blonde anymore!  I finally took the plunge and went dark and LOVE it!  I keep cutting my hair off shorter and shorter, and I'm thinking eventually it's going to be old school Posh Spice at some point....which makes wearing a chef's hat that much easier!

No comments:

Post a Comment